Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome to Furry Four Paws


This concept of Furry Four Paws blog was created as an entry into a blogging contest for Beliefnet in August of 2009. I set out with the goal of writing about how my interactions with dogs and other furry friends enriches my spiritual life. Out of over one hundred contestants, the collection twenty entries I wrote that month was chosen to be in the top five finalists.

After that rollercoaster of writing regularly, being selected as a finalist, and having the honor of working with so many talented writers, I did what a lot of creative people do. I withdrew from written pursuits while I processed what I had learned from the experience.

What did I learn?

  • I loved thinking on a different level about the furry four-pawed friends in my life.
  • I enjoyed writing about it, too.
  • I thought more critically about my spirituality and was more active in spiritual pursuits during the time of Beliefnet's blogging contest.
  • Once I stopped writing, I felt a little more detached. As the hustle and bustle of the holiday months got into full swing, I felt something was missing.
  • I need to write about this, it is who I am.
I hope you will enjoy the journey with me, learn with me, and add your thoughts and experiences along the way.

--Melissa


@furryfourpaws on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment